Thursday, December 20, 2007

Alleviation

Hey everyone, I hope that you are all getting into the holiday spirit despite the fact that you are being asked, by this organization, to read a bleak post-apocalyptic road novel that, to judge from what we've posted on so far, is just totally inscrutable at a syntactic level and horrifying at a semiotic level. I have finished the book myself, and, just as I was with NCFOM, I was convinced that there was something important and touching and meaningful that the book was trying to communicate, but that serious cogitation was needed to get at it. So, pending some more serious cogitation, we will decide whether or not to let the Gentleman Who Chose the Book stay in the club. And while that's pending, and for some holiday alleviation, and to celebrate the recent release of Rush Hour 3, here is a link to a McSweeney's piece detailing what Brett Ratner (dir. of RH3) would do if he got his hands on Our First Selection: http://mcsweeneys.net/2007/8/24molyneux.html
So: enjoy our first ever callout to the other elements of the Interweb, and ignore the fact that I'm not even blogcompetent enough to make a link the right way. Or rather, don't ignore it, let me know, and together, we'll keep carrying the fire.

No comments: